Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Month and A Sad Month

Once again I am behind on my blog but hope to be writing this thing once a week.  Last month a very close person to me passed away.  My Great Uncle E. K. Crosby (Uncle Sonny) passed away on February 19th.  I went to see him on the 18th to see how he was doing in the nursing home.  He recently took ill and had to be moved to the nursing home so he could go through re-hab.  However he never made it out of the nursing home and went to see the lord and the rest of his family.  My Uncle Sonny left behind a wonderful wife, Aunt Joyce, and two children, Ken Crosby and Kim Crosby.  He will be missed but we know that he is in heaven in good hands now.  I will miss you Uncle Sonny, thanks for all of the fishing trips and hunting trips.

February also was the month that I set a new PR in the marathon.  I raced in the Cowtown Marathon and set a PR with a time of 4:23:38.  I broke my origianl PR by 8 minutes.  Race morning was great, we had a temperature of 34 degrees and no wind.  By the time I had finished the marathon the temp's had reached into the 50's.  Due to my injuries in December when I lost 3 weeks of running I wasn't really expecting a PR.  I do know that the time missed was evident when I hit the 22 mile marker.  I was able to struggle back but really wished I had not been injured during my training.  The long runs are really important and that was evident during the marathon.  I kept a pretty even consistent pace up until the 20 mile marker when I realized that my body was getting tired.  I will continue to keep up with my base miles and weekly long runs.  I am planning on running the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Antonio in November.  This training will start the second week in July.  My schedule for this year will also include the German Fest Bike Ride in Muenster (April)  45 miles, the Firemans 5K in May, Hotter n Hell 100 in Wichita Falls, Texas (August) and the marathon in November.

I will be back next week with another training update, going to get a run in.  Take care and have fun.  Chris thanks for your service in the Marine's, you are an inspiration to all.  God Bless and Take Care.





No comments:

Post a Comment