Monday, July 12, 2010

San Antonio Marathon Training Begins

First week of training has begun. I took a little rest the last three weeks and cut my mileage down quite a bit to help get some rest in my legs. This training plan is 18 weeks long and includes 3 runs that are either 20 miles or longer. My goal for this marathon will be 4 hours or less. I believe if I get my training runs in and watch my diet that this goal is obtainable. The weather is going to play a key role in the way the heat is setting in here in North Texas and the humidity is hanging around. I am not going to complain but I will have to be patient and remember that my times may be slower due to the weather.


I will be training this year in Newton Sir Isaac Trainers. I plan to race in a pair of Newton Gravitas as well. I love my Newton’s and know that I shouldn’t have any injuries due to my shoe choice. I plan to keep everyone up to date with my training with a weekly blog. This will include my mileage and any other adventures that I take in. I hope everyone enjoys the blog and please give me feedback, good or bad.

The marathon is November 14th, 2010 in San Antonio, Texas. The Rock n Roll Marathon put on by the Competitor Group is an awesome event and San Antonio is a beautiful and fun city. Hope everyone keeps up during my training and good luck with your goals in life. Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment