Thursday, July 29, 2010

Training Log - SAN ANTONIO MARATHON 2010

Week #2


Training is going well, with no problems or nagging injuries to report. The weather has been awesome for July. Who can complain about highs in the 80’s and clouds with rain. I know it want last but I am not complaining. Training totals for this week were a total of 44.6 miles. My long run was on Sunday 7/25/2010 and it was for 12.2 miles. The miles seemed easy and I finally kept the pace down to help with the endurance. The run consisted of both city streets and the state park. I usually run in the state park towards the last part of my runs so I can take advantage of the water stops. I am starting to run earlier in the morning and from early reports the weather will be going back to hot by the end of next week. Early morning runs will be routine and no more being lazy and sleeping in, RATS!!!!

I also did hill repeats this week, did a total of 7.25 miles with 6 hill repeats on the big hill at the state park. Pace was decent, at a 9:25 per mile, but I did take it real easy on the way down hill. I also did a 9:07 tempo runs with rolling hills. I felt real good about this run due to weather conditions and the course I ran. The San Antonio marathon is primarily all uphill the last 6 miles and 385 yards. This year I am going to prepare myself for this last 6.2 miles and kick some butt. This will be my primary focus during this training program and hopefully will have success.



Week Two’s Training Schedule:

7/19 Monday – Easy Run 6.4 at 9:23 pace

7/20 Tuesday – Easy Run 7 at 9:09 pace

7/21 Wednesday – Hill Repeats 7.25 9:25 pace

7/22 Thursday – Easy Run 5.5 9:20 pace

7/23 Friday – Rest Day

7/24 Saturday – Tempo Run 6.2 9:07 pace

7/25 Sunday – Long Run 12.2 at 9:34 pace

Good Luck with your training and remember to have fun. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment