Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 1 of 18 San Antonio Marathon 2010

Well the first week is over and all is well. This program is 18 weeks long and will hopefully provide me with a new PR time and a sub four marathon in San Antonio. I will be running in the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Antonio Texas in November. My training plan includes a Tempo Run, Hill Repeats or Yasso 800’s, and Long Runs each week. The hill repeats and Yasso 800’s will be alternating. My long runs will include 3 runs of 20 or more miles toward the end of the training program. This training plan will be hard to accomplish in the summer time but it does take at least 18 weeks to get prepared for 26 miles 385 yards.


This week’s training included the following:

Monday – 6.4 miles recovery run from Sunday’s long run took me 1 hour to complete the run.

Tuesday – 5.4 miles 51 minutes with a pace of 9:29. Legs felt like jello and very tired this day with the heat and humidity.

Wednesday – Yasso 800’s X 5 - 7 miles total with an overall pace of 8:37 per mile minute.

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday – Easy run at the State Park – 8 miles in 1:14:00 pace of 9:17.

Saturday – Tempo Run 5 miles 44:00 at a pace of 8:48.

Sunday – Long run 10 miles in 1:33:00.

Total miles this week were 42. I will up the mileage a little next week and my long run will be 11 to 12 miles. Good luck with your training and I will be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment